To give you confidence that pure::variants is right for your organisation we recommend that you perform an evaluation of the software. Evaluation versions of pure::variants are available from our downloads section.
Thinking about the following points can help you get more from your evaluation:
- Make sure you have a clear idea of the goals of the evaluation. In what circumstances would you consider the evaluation to have succeeded?
- Base the evaluation around a non-critical but meaningful piece of work. This will give you results that are credible without risking knock-on effects on other projects.
- Consider how you will resource the evaluation - who has the right skills and experience? Is that person available for the duration of the evaluation or is there a risk that they'll be diverted to higher-priority work?
- pure::variants can import and export data in a variety of formats, this can help get you started faster and see results in your desired format sooner. More information on this is available in the user documentation that comes with the product download.
- Software Acumen has specialist skills and knowledge in Software Product Line Engineering. We can work with you during your evaluation e.g. by helping you develop your pure::variants Feature or Family Models.