Could you help us to inspire others?
Join the team
We are currently recruiting for an Event Marketing Manager (Digital)
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to Allison Beaumont
In your covering letter please advise:
- Why you are interested in this role
- and, take a moment to imagine we’ve just finalised the dates and venue for an event in a year’s time. What are some of the things you can do now to market the event?
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic Event Marketer with strong digital marketing skills to join our team. You’ll be responsible for creating, implementing, and managing marketing campaigns for our events. By leveraging digital marketing strategies, you’ll promote our events, attract participants, and enhance our brand image.
Your primary responsibilities will include developing and managing event marketing plans, growing our community of event participants – including speakers and sponsors, creating and executing email marketing campaigns, and managing social media channels to promote events. You will work closely with internal teams and external partners, analysing campaign performance to optimise results and reduce paid marketing cost. Your ultimate goal is to ensure the success of our events and achieve company objectives, including revenue and quality targets.
You will need flexibility regarding work hours, and the ability to recognise and resolve problems quickly and efficiently while working remotely. As we value diversity and inclusion, we encourage everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work. Our team joins together at events, so you will need to be able to travel for up to six in-person (UK) events a year.
Staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices in event marketing is crucial. We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about staying ahead of the curve. If you’re a creative thinker who loves events and digital marketing, we want to hear from you! Continuing development in agile, user-centred development is encouraged.
|Job Title||Event Marketing Manager (Digital)|
|Pay scale||£28,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)|
|Main Purpose||We’re seeking a digital marketing enthusiast with event promotion experience to join our team.|
|Contract||Initially a 1 year fixed term contract, with possible extension and/or permanent role on offer in the future.|
|Location||Working from home + travel to in-person (UK) events.|
|Reports to||Business Manager|
|Hours||37.5 hours per week, with flexibility to accommodate individual preferences. Hours may increase during conferences and face-to-face events, and occasional work outside regular hours may be required. Work week is from Monday to Friday.|
|Holiday||23 days + 8 bank holidays. Holiday entitlement runs from 1 January to 31 December. An additional 1 day holiday is earned per full year of service – subject to a maximum of 7 additional days.|
Key tasks & responsibilities
|Strategy||Develop and execute creative digital marketing strategies that align with the company’s event goals. This involves research, planning, budget allocation, and utilising appropriate marketing channels, such as social media, email, and paid channels.|
|Reporting||Track key performance indicators, report regularly on campaign outcomes, and refine strategies to improve engagement, conversion rates, and overall effectiveness.|
|Online presence||Maintain the company’s online presence by updating content, monitoring engagement and feedback, and implementing SEO best practices on websites, blogs, and social media accounts.|
|Marketing Materials||Collaborate with the Business Manager and event team, to guide marketing materials, messaging, and participant touch points for the promotion of events and seamless participant experience.|
|Event materials||Help develop, check, and proof event materials, including: online programme, banners, and booklets.|
|At events||Proactively capture content, create, track and respond to social media. Gather collateral for promotional materials. Collaborate with a videographer / photographer to capture future assets.|
|Stay updated||Remain current on digital marketing trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in the industry to inform marketing strategies.|
|Online forums||Proactively engage with and develop Software Acumen’s online community forums for all events by generating content, adding comments, and monitoring use.|
|Market research||Undertake regular market research for competitor analysis, reshaping existing events, identifying key accounts, and identifying new opportunities for relevant marketing.|
|Campaigns||Manage promotional campaigns, e.g. through social media, to better understand the profile of website visitors and attract additional visitors through the use of online advertising, e.g. Google Adwords campaigns, LinkedIn campaigns, etc.|
|Sponsors / partners||Identify potential sponsors and co-marketing partners using online strategies and establish ways to engage with them to encourage support of events. Work with the event team to proactively provide information and support to event sponsors as required, from enquiry to post event.|
|Event support||Where / when necessary, you may be asked to provide event support to the event team before and during events.|
|Flexibility ||We are a small team, it is important to:Be flexible and willing to take on new responsibilities and learn new parts of the role as the company grows and the events expand in scope and scale.Be able to travel within the UK.Be aware that some events may involve unsociable hours in relation to start/finish times.|
- A range of GCSEs at A-C grade or equivalent OR Vocational qualification at NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- At least three years of experience in digital/event marketing
- Two A Levels, or Higher Degree in relevant subjects
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience in event planning and production.
Knowledge & Skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Digital marketing (social media management, SEO/SEM, content marketing, email marketing, and affiliate programs)
- Confidence in developing digital marketing campaigns and executing them independently.
- Comprehensive understanding of Web analytics (Google Analytics) and data interpretation for campaigns
- Email marketing software and analytics proficiency
- Highly organised with strong multitasking abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with good grammar and vocabulary
- Proof-reading experience
- Proficient with spreadsheets
- Experience with promotional materials (e.g. websites, brochures, digital adverts etc)
- Quick problem-solving abilities.
- Working knowledge of GDPR
- Skills to analyse data
- Content writer
- Knowledge of Agile, UX & Service Design
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices and content optimisation techniques
- Experience of using:
- Mailchimp, Sprout, Google Analytics – GA4, AdWords, LinkedIn, Eventbrite, Google Suite, MAC, Drupal or similar.
- Approachable, professional, and friendly
- Logical thinking
- Highly organised with strong multitasking abilities
- Able to react to and retain important information received at a fast pace from various sources
- Self-motivated, able to work independently while recognizing when to seek support
- Able to anticipate needs
- Maintains professional communication with everyone
- Motivated to learn and uphold the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality
- Enthusiastically upholds the company’s values of delivering top events and collaborates effectively with remote teams
- Values sustainability, accessibility and diversity
- Analytical, process-driven, commercially minded, and determined to succeed.
- Passionate about all things digital with a desire to learn, create, innovate, and improve processes.
This position is mainly sedentary. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a home office setting; to read, sit and type for sustained periods of time; to walk, stand, reach and bend ; at events this may include moving and setting up event equipment, of light to moderate weight; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
We strive to provide a unique and supportive work environment that is both friendly and flexible. Our team works from home, allowing us to operate as an agile company with a casual dress code. We provide top-of-the-line home office equipment, including a Mac, keyboard, mouse, chair, mobile and screen, to ensure you have everything you need to be comfortable and productive.
We value your input and involvement in our company events strategy and development. Additionally, we offer training and development opportunities that allow you to gain valuable experience and responsibility early on in your career. If you are eligible, we will auto-enrol you in our pension scheme, according to our pensions auto-enrolment obligations. We are also currently looking at offering team members private healthcare. Join our team today and experience all the benefits of a supportive and flexible work environment.
- Can you provide proof of your right to work in the UK?
- Would you able to travel to Cambridge, Manchester, Edinburgh or London for occasional team meetings if/when required
- Can you travel and stay overnight for 1 – 5 days at in-person events in the UK?
"Everyone was focused on learning and there were no big egos, which is refreshing. There were lots of repeat attendees returning for 3 or even 5 years in a row. Based on that alone, I highly recommend attending."Tricia Okin, Lead User Experience and Service Designer UX Scotland
Our combined passion and experience have allowed us to become one of the UK's leading specialist software events organisers.